Teakisi is kicking off the new year with our Take Ten series! Every Friday we’ll be profiling a member of the EA Team. First up, Ayandola Ayanleke!
1. Who is Ayandola Ayanleke?
I am a graduate of History and Strategic Studies. Few words define me. God lover… African… Writer… Blogger… Books lover… Activist… Traveller… Potential presenter. Mostly, I still consider myself on a journey of self-discovery but one day hopes to impact change in Africa through the power of words. I blog at www.ayandola.com. Twitter handle is @AyandolaA
2. What is your occupation?
I am presently a blogger and a masters students at University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
3. Are you currently doing a job you love or working towards it?
I am a blogger but also currently working towards getting a day job.
4. What will that be?
Radio or Television presenter.
5. How did you hear about Teakisi?
I found out about Teakisi through a friend. I read her post on ElleAfrique, went through the site and got interested.
6. What does Teakisi mean to you?
Teakisi is a platform for me to air my voice. It is also a family of African women who share similarities by reason of our heritage and our passion for the written word.
7. Where do you see yourself in five years?
In five years, I will want to be fulfilling my dreams as a blogger, author, presenter, wife, mother and daughter.
8. Name three things you can’t do without?
God, Books, Phone
9. What’s the one thing you could change about Africa if you had the chance to?
10. Name five African women who inspire you?
Pastor Folu Adeboye
Late Dora Akunyili
Ellen Sirleaf Johnson