We love capturing the strength and power of African women!
Did you know that what truly makes us special, is that our platform is dedicated to the everyday African woman? Our Creative Residency members are not “professional” bloggers/writers, they’re just everyday women with a story to tell, and wisdom to share. They are also African women wanting to learn the in and outs of being a great writer. So if you have a gift in storytelling, empowering through words and celebrating women – join us and together we can change that narrative of the African woman.
Benefits of Joining The Residency
- Receive various trainings with aims of equipping you with relevant digital literacy and effective writing skills
- Exposure of your work to a vast audience, potentially playing an important role in someone’s life
- In house “Top Spot” monthly competition with top three winners announced on social media
- A “social butterfly” to be named and featured in monthly global newsletter
- Become an expert; Blogging can act as your doorway to gaining status as an expert in your field
- Join a sisterhood of African women living in Africa and abroad
What We Ask Of You When You Join Us
- Become a cheerful Teakisi ambassador. We delight in having our bloggers proudly endorse Teakisi and share our brand message on their social media through shares, retweets, engagement and interaction
- Commit to submission of AT LEAST one blog post a month. The blog posts should also be original and unpublished. Our bloggers contribute blogs on a VOLUNTARY basis in exchange for promoting their work, gaining new skills, joining a vibrant and vast blogging and readership network. The submission of blogs will be expected on the 15th of each month. Failure to submit a blog without prior notice, Teakisi will effectively remove you without notice from its website and WhatsApp group
- Attendance /contributions to Teakisi events and training