Double Chocolate Cupcakes
By Attiya Karodia
Chocolate makes me happy, and not in the temporary, fleeting moment of happiness way that taking a good selfie does. No, chocolate makes me truly happy and warm inside, so when I crave chocolate, and believe me I do every week when I’m well behaved. I don’t skimp.
Here’s what you need to know about the way I bake. I will always choose the fastest, least scale-requiring way possible. Which is great news for you guys, because this cupcake recipe is ridiculously simple and pretty much foolproof.
¼ cup butter ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1/3 cup sugar ¼ cup cocao powder
½ cup flour 1 Egg
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder 1 cup milk
1 cup choc chips
Preheat your oven to 180 degree Celsius
1. Mix your butter and sugar together in a bowl until it is light and creamy
2. Add the egg to the butter and sugar and beat until smooth
3. Mix your flour and cocao powder together
4. Add your baking powder and flour (I never bother with sifting) until combined
5 Add the milk gradually. Then beat furiously until the mix is smooth, then add choc chips
6. Spoon the batter into cupcakes cups and fill about 3/4 of the cupcake cup
7. Bake for 20 minutes then cool for 15 minutes.
8. Then stuff your face 🙂