Volunteering your time with us offers essential help to our cause, people in need, and the wider community.
We are looking for enthusiastic, curious and thoughtful people to join our volunteer team! If you are interested, please read the text below carefully before applying!
We are particularly keen to hear from people from any background to be part of Teakisi in order to trigger a lasting positive change in the lives of everyone in our community right here in the north east of England and worldwide. Applications are particularly welcome from those living in the North East of England.
You need to have a deep interest in and commitment to inclusion, diversity and fighting inequalities wherever you see them but you do not need to be an expert.
Essentially, we are trying to strengthen and amplify a narrative of change, which Teakisi has been working on for sometime now.
The core tasks of the volunteers we need include the following:
- take part in team discussions about our work, how we are communicating and contribute ideas, thoughts and help, in order to improve how Teakisi does its work;
- ensure our social media accounts (@Teakisi) are actively disseminating accurate and relevant information about our work in a way that gathers more support for our call for change.
During this recruitment, we are particularly keen to hear from people with the following skills and experiences – events organising, social media management, office admin, website management, and fundraising.
- have existing writing skills
- solid experience of working or volunteering in a community interest or in a team;
- experience of doing internet-based research to find information;
- solid experience of using Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn (you need to have actively used the social sites at least for three months);
- demonstrable ability to communicate clearly in English;
- ability to work on your own initiative and complete tasks on time;
- access to a computer and internet connection;
- sacrifice at least one day a week that you can spend on this volunteering role. If you want to contribute more days as a volunteer, that would be ideal;
- a healthy curiosity in the process of social change and positive outlook;
- commitment to work with African women, Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic community, the wider community members, migrants, refugees and asylum seekers – and treat then as equals, not as “case studies”.
We need to stress that this is volunteering: it should be fun and rewarding. We take the approach of “we do what we can do” within our volunteer team. This means that we are flexible and we accommodate each other as much as possible. We also rely on each other to inspire each other with our creativity.
Teakisi will cover reasonable receipted out of pocket expenses (e.g. Travel expenses – mileage is limited to 0.45p per mile and you can claim up to £7 a day if you are travelling by public transport).
You will have to agree to this before starting your volunteering with us. Forms/Invoices should be completed on a monthly basis, they should be approved by Teakisi and emailed by the 28th of the month.
If you do not wish to be reimbursed, we’d love you to consider making the claim and then donate the money back to us – this would generate income for Teakisi.
How to apply:
If you are interested in volunteering for us, please send the following to email@example.com as soon as you decide this is for you.
- your CV
- An A4 covering letter addressing the skills you want to share with us, with details of two referees and confirming that you are available for interview sometime in the near future.
- details of your social media accounts
Interviews for the short-listed candidates will take place after we’ve contacted the relevant parties. Because of our limited resources, we are unable to provide feedback to everyone’s application. We will only contact those who are shortlisted for to invite them to Zoom interviews.
We can’t wait to have you on board!