Diversity and Inclusion
Now in its fourth year, this annual Black History month (October) conference focuses on conversations around African Women. Overall, the Teakisi Woman Talk conference is establishing itself as the key event for those interested in enhancing the capabilities & leadership opportunities for African women, Black, Asian & Ethnic Minority colleagues across all sectors. There is power in being connected to other people – especially when those people look like you. Not many events here in the north east of England are geared towards African women, so this makes a difference for a change. Speakers navigate the event focusing on a particular theme for the year. The educational aspect of this conference exposes attendants to new ways of conducting their businesses or organisations, helps people discover how to be more productive, promote their work to potential new clients. Whats more, it provides a great opportunity to network, celebrate the culture and heritage of Africa and people of African descent while allowing them to share experiences and learn from each other. This event is open to the general public.
- Examine the barriers & enablers affecting African women
- Receive hands-on insight and advice from experts
- Gain a deeper understanding of the skills, qualities and competencies required to be a successful blogger
- Connect with fellow African women, Black, Asian Ethnic Minority members in the community
- Network with peers & counterparts
- Hear from inspirational speakers